Thursday, February 01, 2007

If you are afraid of dimly lit alleyways...Don't go to Venice!



Hello my Family,


If you have been following my journey..you know me a bit better now.. so your family now...to me. So, i arrived in Venice yesterday (Wednesday) it was an adventure getting here.. but nothing was going to stop me from arriving.




The Journey




It is expensive to take a cab around London so i opted for the bus to get me to Gatwick airport..if you don't know London has about 5 airports.. Heathrow is the most known.. and probally the most expensive to fly into.. I'm flying in and out of Gatwick..cuz I'm cheap! :) well i mapped out everything.. how i was going to get there (bus)... what bus i was going to take the train to Gatwick etc.... The night before i went in search of the bus stop i was to wait at to take the bus to Victoria station that's where all the trains are.. found it! So, the next morning i get up at 2:45am to go out and stand at the bus stop. My train leaves at 4:00am to Gatwick... so I'm waiting at the bus stop for 20 minutes in the cold. Finally, I see the bus coming........ and it passes by me...I'm waving to the bus driver... he waves back... and the bus passes by..there goes my ride... I look up at the bus sign..just to make sure that i was at the right bus stop before i throw a fit. I look up and there is this thing at the very top i might add that says not in service... and you wouldn't know it unless you were inspecting the bus stop really well....arggg!




So i start my walk to Victoria station.. finally i give up and hope that the next bus will come along soon. It does... but i miss my train anyway... I have to purchase another ticket on the Gatwick express train(more money than the other train) but as you can tell from the title.. i did indeed make my flight to Venice!




I flew in and landed safely at the San Marco airport. I found my hotel easily, it is so cute.. i don't have pictures to show you yet because i haven't found a place to develop them. Even though i was tired yesterday i went to two museums and church. All were educational, and beautiful... the architecture out here is unbelievable! amazing! All the streets here look like little alleyways.. i mean all of them! I'm having fun.. walking up and down them, discovering little shops, dead ends, and getting lost. Venice is really nice.. i feel like I'm on my own little Island.




Oh, my hotel here is nice to.. i have my own room with bathroom. It is a family owned hotel.. so it is small... i think i counted 7 or 8 rooms?? and i haven't seen anybody else in the hotel...except me, the owner, and cleaning lady. This morning when i woke up....They have a continental breakfast... and they tell you. "Breakfast is between 8:00am and 10:00am... so i thought you know you serve yourself..whenever you get out there.. NO.. i woke went out and a table was set for me with orange juice poured.. coffee...muffin... all the fixing(butter, jam)... wow..now that is service.




Today is Thursday...so i will wander around Venice some more hopefully taking some interesting pictures you will enjoy looking at.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

oh wow.... this sounds so great! I miss Venice. Carmella! I misssssssssssss you and wish I came with you!

12:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just read all your postings that I had missed reading. WOW! I'm glad you're having all those nice experiences. They'll stay wiht you FOREVER! Lots of love!! HUGS!!! :)

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home