The week in review!!!!
Hey everyone.. so sorry i have not been able to get online to post anything.. I have emailed and spoken to a few of you :) so you know i am alive! So my week in review: (just in case you would like to know :) )
Tuesday 6th- I did what real people do on vacation... i slept in! Yea.. I needed it.. for some reason i am still on Los Angeles time. I feel drowsy in the morning and when it's midnight i am wide awake... come on.. give me a break. I also took time to work on my screenplay that I've been wanting to write.. I worked on fleshing out the storyline.. for those of you who don't know what that means.. I worked on what happens at the beginning, middle and end... which i still don't know yet.. i just have an idea! So.... that was fun... just being able to be quiet and be creative.
Wednesday 7th- I went to the London Aquarium today.. I loved it.. it was fun to walk around and observe the different fishes and sharks etc.. I just thought how amazing and creative is Our God? I get disgusted with myself when i sit down and have to squeeze out one idea about a screen play, skit, idea.. and i cant even quiet my inner voice of insecurity to do it.. meanwhile God is in my corner saying "You can do it.. i created you too do it!" ... So then after i wandered around there.. i went to a movie... i know i couldn't resist.. i was missing Los Angeles.. i guess?.. ha ha.. I saw The pursuit of happyness... and know i didn't misspell it... if you haven't seen the movie.. go see it you'll understand... I'm going to give away a little of the movie.. so if you haven't seen it skip over this part.... So, Will Smith talks about how it says in the U.S. Declaration "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" and he wonders why they wrote pursuit of happiness like it not something that just happens... you have to choose to pursue it.. and i thought that's how we have to be with our relationship with God. We have to pursue him and cherish our relationship with him and then will know what true happiness is. That was my thought when i saw the movie...
Thursday 8th- Today I went to Paris! I woke up early this morning to go to the airport. I was beginning to think i have bad bus ju ju or something... not wanting to have the same thing happen like last time (standing at the wrong bus stop) I woke up extra early and decide to take the tube there.. Of course when i woke up is was pouring down snow.. non stop...what do you use for snow... an umbrella??.. so i got to the tube just as they were opening( that's how early i was)... anyway i waited... the first train just went by it did not stop... The guy that works there says that sometimes the first train will just come through to clear the tracks. When the second train didn't come in as scheduled.. i started to worry.. Then they make announcement saying that the train was broken make other plans to get to your destination... Oh no.. i have to be there by 6:30am... So i take off to the bus stop.... hoping that the next one will be coming soon... and it does... i get off and have to walk in the snow to the next tube station.. When i get there it is 5:50 am and it is a 5min wait for the tube... yikes... It takes 20mins to get my destination... I praying all the way there... I finally was like Lord.. I did everything i can do on my end... if it's meant for me not to go and the money just to be wasted then that is the way it goes... But I got there! Yea God! I think i had 10 min to spare.. I jumped on the train.... and off I went to Pari! Paris was beautiful by the way as i floated on the canals and looked at the scenery go by i wished i would had spent more time here... On my next trip.. i definitely want to rent an apartment and stay for awhile.. I'm a sucker for historical buildings and beautiful scenery. I wont have pictures until tomorrow. I got an escorted tour while i was there.. and that was fun...because i was the only one on the tour... so me and my tour guide wandered through Paris.. if you guys go.. His name is Sammy...Evans Evans tours... :)
Friday 9th- Today i just recovered from the day in Paris... I also had to prepare for my up coming Amsterdam excursion.. like getting the correct currency.. what to see.. etc... Oh.. I forgot to tell you that when i went to the movies... Here in London they ask you where you'd like to sit... huh?? They have assigned seats at the movie theatre just like if you were seeing a play... so i choose from the seating chart... and then... another thing... they play the previews first...wait a minutes.. and then play the movie... so if your running late... there is about 20 min.. before the movie even starts..
Saturday 10th- Today i was lucky to attend a Hillsong Womens Meeting.. It was amazing.. The pastors wife of Hillsong London spoke.. and also another pastor at Hillsong.. Margret... both messages were amazing and just spoke to me.. I found some friends to sit with so that was great i knew some people there. They also had some of the women get up and share there testimony... That is so powerful to me. To hear and share a testimony. After they encourage women to go hang out and get lunch.. so that was yet another opportunity to meet some more people... which i did..
Sunday 11th- Philip and Holly are in London today! I am soooo excited.. Plus i heard that Shunna, Nicole and Daniel will be with them. You don't know how happy i am to see them. I know they probably thought i was crazy... Ok.. I'm a little homesick... Anyway is was so great to have them there to sit with them during service and just be able to be with people who know me. Philip and Holly of course both had amazing messages that afterward i heard from some of the Hillsong people saying i love your pastors... I said so do I!
Mon 12th and Tues 13th- I woke up this morning to go to Amsterdam! I got up extra early this time... as i stood at the bus stop waiting... and waiting.. and i look at my watch and it is a little past the time the bus should have been there.. i look up to God... what!!!... Then a bus comes.. not my bus.. then bus finally comes... i get on and think about the messages i have been hearing this past week... and think.. this is how you depend on God.. when circumstances don't seem to be going your way... and probably wont...no matter how much you do in your strength... sometimes you just have to trust that God has your back..no matter what the outcome is... So I make it to Amsterdam...without a plan.. i hope i can figure things out when i get there... when i get to the airport i look for the nearest tourist office... and i am lucky cuz they have this card there called the I AMsterdam.. You can purchase it for 1-2-3 days... i get the 2 day... but you get free transportation, entrance into a lot of museums, discounts/free entrance on cruise and events.. so i snatched it up was pointed in the direction of Amsterdam and i was on my way... It was surprisingly easy... and i thought about all the tourist that visit LA and thought about how not easy it is.. I'm we don't even speak any other languages.. We really should require that in school that our children learn and speak fluently another language.. ..it's sad really... I feel undereducated...that's probably not even a word.. sad.....ha ha...I really enjoyed Amsterdam.. you wouldn't believe how much there is to see.. i was only there for two days and i still didn't get to see all i wanted to see.. There is this awesome bible museum there...It has a tabernacle scene.. things from Egypt... it has a scent room that has different scents mentioned in the bible.. and it has this beautiful garden.. that I'm sure in the summer is amazing... The garden is suppose to depict the parting of the red sea and how God saved the Israelites from the Egyptians.. pictures to come...
Tuesday 6th- I did what real people do on vacation... i slept in! Yea.. I needed it.. for some reason i am still on Los Angeles time. I feel drowsy in the morning and when it's midnight i am wide awake... come on.. give me a break. I also took time to work on my screenplay that I've been wanting to write.. I worked on fleshing out the storyline.. for those of you who don't know what that means.. I worked on what happens at the beginning, middle and end... which i still don't know yet.. i just have an idea! So.... that was fun... just being able to be quiet and be creative.
Wednesday 7th- I went to the London Aquarium today.. I loved it.. it was fun to walk around and observe the different fishes and sharks etc.. I just thought how amazing and creative is Our God? I get disgusted with myself when i sit down and have to squeeze out one idea about a screen play, skit, idea.. and i cant even quiet my inner voice of insecurity to do it.. meanwhile God is in my corner saying "You can do it.. i created you too do it!" ... So then after i wandered around there.. i went to a movie... i know i couldn't resist.. i was missing Los Angeles.. i guess?.. ha ha.. I saw The pursuit of happyness... and know i didn't misspell it... if you haven't seen the movie.. go see it you'll understand... I'm going to give away a little of the movie.. so if you haven't seen it skip over this part.... So, Will Smith talks about how it says in the U.S. Declaration "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" and he wonders why they wrote pursuit of happiness like it not something that just happens... you have to choose to pursue it.. and i thought that's how we have to be with our relationship with God. We have to pursue him and cherish our relationship with him and then will know what true happiness is. That was my thought when i saw the movie...
Thursday 8th- Today I went to Paris! I woke up early this morning to go to the airport. I was beginning to think i have bad bus ju ju or something... not wanting to have the same thing happen like last time (standing at the wrong bus stop) I woke up extra early and decide to take the tube there.. Of course when i woke up is was pouring down snow.. non stop...what do you use for snow... an umbrella??.. so i got to the tube just as they were opening( that's how early i was)... anyway i waited... the first train just went by it did not stop... The guy that works there says that sometimes the first train will just come through to clear the tracks. When the second train didn't come in as scheduled.. i started to worry.. Then they make announcement saying that the train was broken make other plans to get to your destination... Oh no.. i have to be there by 6:30am... So i take off to the bus stop.... hoping that the next one will be coming soon... and it does... i get off and have to walk in the snow to the next tube station.. When i get there it is 5:50 am and it is a 5min wait for the tube... yikes... It takes 20mins to get my destination... I praying all the way there... I finally was like Lord.. I did everything i can do on my end... if it's meant for me not to go and the money just to be wasted then that is the way it goes... But I got there! Yea God! I think i had 10 min to spare.. I jumped on the train.... and off I went to Pari! Paris was beautiful by the way as i floated on the canals and looked at the scenery go by i wished i would had spent more time here... On my next trip.. i definitely want to rent an apartment and stay for awhile.. I'm a sucker for historical buildings and beautiful scenery. I wont have pictures until tomorrow. I got an escorted tour while i was there.. and that was fun...because i was the only one on the tour... so me and my tour guide wandered through Paris.. if you guys go.. His name is Sammy...Evans Evans tours... :)
Friday 9th- Today i just recovered from the day in Paris... I also had to prepare for my up coming Amsterdam excursion.. like getting the correct currency.. what to see.. etc... Oh.. I forgot to tell you that when i went to the movies... Here in London they ask you where you'd like to sit... huh?? They have assigned seats at the movie theatre just like if you were seeing a play... so i choose from the seating chart... and then... another thing... they play the previews first...wait a minutes.. and then play the movie... so if your running late... there is about 20 min.. before the movie even starts..
Saturday 10th- Today i was lucky to attend a Hillsong Womens Meeting.. It was amazing.. The pastors wife of Hillsong London spoke.. and also another pastor at Hillsong.. Margret... both messages were amazing and just spoke to me.. I found some friends to sit with so that was great i knew some people there. They also had some of the women get up and share there testimony... That is so powerful to me. To hear and share a testimony. After they encourage women to go hang out and get lunch.. so that was yet another opportunity to meet some more people... which i did..
Sunday 11th- Philip and Holly are in London today! I am soooo excited.. Plus i heard that Shunna, Nicole and Daniel will be with them. You don't know how happy i am to see them. I know they probably thought i was crazy... Ok.. I'm a little homesick... Anyway is was so great to have them there to sit with them during service and just be able to be with people who know me. Philip and Holly of course both had amazing messages that afterward i heard from some of the Hillsong people saying i love your pastors... I said so do I!
Mon 12th and Tues 13th- I woke up this morning to go to Amsterdam! I got up extra early this time... as i stood at the bus stop waiting... and waiting.. and i look at my watch and it is a little past the time the bus should have been there.. i look up to God... what!!!... Then a bus comes.. not my bus.. then bus finally comes... i get on and think about the messages i have been hearing this past week... and think.. this is how you depend on God.. when circumstances don't seem to be going your way... and probably wont...no matter how much you do in your strength... sometimes you just have to trust that God has your back..no matter what the outcome is... So I make it to Amsterdam...without a plan.. i hope i can figure things out when i get there... when i get to the airport i look for the nearest tourist office... and i am lucky cuz they have this card there called the I AMsterdam.. You can purchase it for 1-2-3 days... i get the 2 day... but you get free transportation, entrance into a lot of museums, discounts/free entrance on cruise and events.. so i snatched it up was pointed in the direction of Amsterdam and i was on my way... It was surprisingly easy... and i thought about all the tourist that visit LA and thought about how not easy it is.. I'm we don't even speak any other languages.. We really should require that in school that our children learn and speak fluently another language.. ..it's sad really... I feel undereducated...that's probably not even a word.. sad.....ha ha...I really enjoyed Amsterdam.. you wouldn't believe how much there is to see.. i was only there for two days and i still didn't get to see all i wanted to see.. There is this awesome bible museum there...It has a tabernacle scene.. things from Egypt... it has a scent room that has different scents mentioned in the bible.. and it has this beautiful garden.. that I'm sure in the summer is amazing... The garden is suppose to depict the parting of the red sea and how God saved the Israelites from the Egyptians.. pictures to come...

1 Comments:
Wow Mel! I am so encouraged by this email to love life, be creative, trust God and just PURSUE HAPPYNESS. You are truely pursuing your purpose with recless abondon!
Post a Comment
<< Home